Canada Tourist Visa is a temporary Canadian immigration option that allows tourists to visit Canada for the purpose of tourism and leisure. A Canada tourist visa is also known as Canada visitor visa or Canadian Temporary Resident Visa (TVR). The Canada tourist visa is granted for a maximum period of six months.
Canada tourist visas are of two types:
• Single entry visa
• Multiple entry visa
Both the visas are valid for a fixed period and cannot be used after they expire.
A single entry visa allows the visa holder to enter Canada just once. After the visa holder leaves Canada, except for travelling to the United States and St. Pierre and Miquelon, he or she will need a new visa to enter Canada again. If the tourist is travelling to the United States (including its Territories and Possessions) or St. Pierre and Miquelon, he or she will not need a new visitor visa to return to Canada.
A multiple entry visa allows a visitor to come and go from Canada for six months at a time, without having to reapply each time. The multiple entry visa can be valid for up to 10 years, or one month before the visa holder’s passport expires, whichever happens earlier.
Business visitor activities may include attending a conference, negotiation or an exploratory business visit.
Eligibility Criteria for Canada Tourist Visa:
In order to meet the eligibility criteria for a tourist visa, you will need to prove to the immigration authorities the following things:
• You have a valid passport
• You are in good health
• You have the financial resources means required to pay for your expenses while in Canada
• You have a residence outside Canada and other binding ties that will ensure your return home after your visit to Canada
• You plan to remain in Canada for a specific and limited period of time
• You intend to leave Canada at the end of your visit
• You have no intention to seek or undertake employment while in Canada
• You have no criminal record
• You do not pose a security risk
• You agree to abide by the laws of the land
• You may be required to undergo a medical examination
Steps to follow to apply for Canada Tourist Visa:
Before you apply for Canada tourist visa, read complete information on the visa/permit requirements on the CIC website to be sure that you are eligible for the same. Once you are sure that you are eligible for application, you can go ahead with the following procedure:
Canada Tourist Visa Waiver Program
As per the Canada Tourist Visa Waiver Program, citizens of the following countries are allowed to enter Canada without a visa:
|Andorra||Antigua and Barbuda||Australia|
|Norway||Papua New Guinea||Poland|
|Portugal||St. Kitts and Nevis||St. Lucia|
|St. Vincent||San Marino||Singapore|
|Switzerland||United Kingdom||United States|
Dos and Don’ts for Canada Tourist Visa Application:
You need to remember the following dos and don’ts while applying for Canada tourist visa. Dos
• Apply for a tourist visa to Canada at least a few weeks prior to your planned travel date to allow time for visa application procedure to be completed on time for your travel
• Fill up your visa application form carefully with all accurate details
• Bring along all forms and supporting documents for submitting your visa application form
• Do not present false documents for your visa
• Do not hide or misrepresent facts in your visa application
Note that there is no formal appeal process if your application for a temporary resident visa is refused. In case you wish to re-apply, do so only after you have significant new information to submit.